- Time: Preparation : 30 minutes Cooking : 3 h 30
- Servings: 4
- Complexity: Medium
• 6 onions, cut into thin rounds
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 600 g beef cubes
• 350 ml stout (black beer)
• 750 ml beef stock
• 4 potatoes, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 450 °F.
2. In a frying pay, brown onions in 1 tablespoon of butter. Set aside.
3. In another frying pan, brown beef cubes in 1 tablespoon of butter on medium-high heat. Set aside.
4. Pour beer and beef stock into a saucepan. Bring to a boil on high heat. Set aside.
5. Line the bottom of a casserole dish with half the potatoes.
6. Add half the onions and all the beef cubes. Place the remaining onions over the beef cubes and cover with remaining potatoes. Pour broth mixture over top.
7. Bake for 30 minutes.
8. Lower oven temperature to 350 °F and continue baking for 3 hours.
9. Remove from oven and dot 1 tablespoon of butter over the potatoes.